- This event has passed.
Recovery Coach Academy
November 7, 2016 @ 9:30 am - November 11, 2016 @ 4:00 pm
The Vermont Recovery Coach Academy
The Vermont Recovery Coach Academy is a 5-day-long comprehensive, current, interactive training designed to equip participants with the basic tools, skills and resources vital to becoming an effective recovery coach.
November 7-11, 2016
Monday through Thursday, 9:30 am until 4:30 pm; Friday, 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
South Burlington, Vermont – On the Bus Line!
Cost: $450; lunch will be provided.
Accomodations: Rooms available at the Windjammer Inn & Conference Center for a discounted rate of $101/night. Rooms must be reserved by October 28th under “Recovery Coach Academy” group. Call to reserve: (802) 863-1125.
Participants will receive:
- Comprehensive 4.5-Day Professional Development Training
- Complete Training Manual and Certificate of Completion
- Future Professional Development Training and Support Opportunities
Hot Topics at the Recovery Coach Academy:
- The Disease of Addiction and the Brain
- The Impact of Medicinal Marijuana
- Motivational Interviewing
- Ethics and Boundaries
- Multiple Pathways to Recovery
- New! Nutrition and Recovery
The Academy is open to anyone interested in the recovery field and not limited to peers or peer run organizations.