The Vermont Recovery Coach Academy
The Vermont Recovery Coach Academy is a comprehensive, current, interactive training designed to equip participants with the basic tools, skills and resources vital to becoming an effective recovery coach.
January 23 – 26, 2017*
Monday through Thursday, 9:00 am until 5:00 pm
Holiday Inn Express, Springfield, Vermont
* The January 2017 Recovery Coach Academy will be an intensive 4-day Academy.
Registration is now closed.
Cost: $450; lunch will be provided.
Hotel Block Available at Participant’s Expense:
A hotel block is reserved at the Holiday Inn Express, Springfield during the dates of the Recovery Coach Academy. Rooms are available at a discounted rate of $109 +tax. Rooms may be shared.
- Group Code: Recovery Coach Academy
- Call to reserve: (802) 885-4516
Participants will receive:
- Comprehensive Professional Development Training
- Complete Training Manual and Certificate of Completion
- Future Professional Development Training and Support Opportunities
Hot Topics at the Recovery Coach Academy:
- The Disease of Addiction and the Brain
- Motivational Interviewing
- Ethics, Values and Boundaries
- Multiple Pathways to Recovery
- Harm Reduction
- New! Nutrition and Recovery
- Currently working for a minimum of 6-months with a specific organization that provides peer support services.
- Written Recommendation from current director or supervisor to be received prior to academy; you will be contact for this after registration.
- One year minimum of personal or family recovery (if applicable).
- Current support system and personal recovery plan (if applicable).
- You will be contacted for initial intake after registration is submitted.
The Academy is open to anyone interested in the recovery field and not limited to peers or peer run organizations.